ART! The process is fun. The product is self-confidence.
Outside the Lines Art Studio is an independent art studio where artists of all ages can develop their creativity and gain self-confidence through visual art. We believe the process of creating is far more valuable that the resulting creation. An artist who has spent time exploring an art medium thoroughly may or may not produce a masterpiece worthy of professional framing and prominent display, but they will certainly produce something they are proud of, independent of others’ opinions. They will have expressed themselves to their own satisfaction. They will have experienced something new and learned from it. They will feel more self-assured and confident. Those are products you can’t hang on the wall, or even the fridge.
Kyrie Shomaker, MD
When she was a little girl, Melanie Cramer wanted to be an artist/ballerina/teacher/mommy. Apparently "ballerina" was code for business owner because now she teaches art in her own studio alongside her daughters. Her path included earning an art degree from High Point College (now university), many years spent as an art director for print media, and many more teaching preschool locally. She founded Outside the Lines Art Studio in 2011 in an effort to share her belief in the transformative power of visual art with her community.
Meet the Owner: Melanie Cramer
A word about COVID 19
A WORD ABOUT COVID-19: We care deeply about our artists and have been closely monitoring the status of COVID-19. We intend to follow all health guidelines, state, county and local to ensure their health and safety. As of May 19, 2020 the following policies will be in place:
1. Studio capacity will be reduced to no more than 10 at a time.
2. Each artist will have a dedicated creative space that allows social distancing of 6 feet indoors.
3. Weather permitting, we will make utmost use of our outdoor studio, leave doors open and provide for increased air circulation.
4. Employees, artists and customers will be required wear cloth face coverings.
5. Art materials and equipment will be sanitized between users and shared materials will be kept to a minimum.
6. Hand washing will be required upon entering the studio (and before snack time as usual in the case of camps). .
7. Artists will be screened for symptoms and history of exposure upon arrival. Please remain with your child until this is completed.
In the event public health policies change and we are unable to fulfill our commitment to provide services, full refunds will be honored regardless of timing. Cancellation policy for other circumstances as follows: If cancellation is received more than 7 days prior to the event, a 10% cancellation fee will be applied to the refund. If participant cancels within 7 days of the event, no refund is available.